Tuesday 15 May 2012

connect to SQL server on Parallel VM from R -


I have Rustuo installed on Mac, and in parallel VM is SQL Server Management Studio. Now, I am trying to use RODBC package with SQL Server with R.DBC package. I think I have installed the SQL Server driver on my computer I am not familiar with the databases are the following work:

  1. Set-up user DSN 'orca4' in parallel VM (Windows 7), Driver's name 'SQL Server Native Client 11.0' (it was successfully tested). Run R. ODBC Connect ('Orca 4'), he gave me the message '[IODBC] [Driver Manager] The name of the data source has not been found and no default driver is specified. The driver could not be loaded '

  2. Then I tried cnend; - odbcDriver Connect (Connection = "Driver = {SQL Server Native Client 11.0}; Server = '1244gfgfgr'; Database = 'NewHome'; Reliable_connection = Yes;") I got a similar message Error: State IM003, Code -1988948897, Message [IODBC] [Driver Manager] The specified driver can not be loaded

Can anyone tell me what's the problem here?

This customer is required by DSN, not the server you want to make a DSN on your Mac Which can access R I do not know how to do this on OSX, but it seems that this link can help:


No comments:

Post a Comment