Tuesday 15 May 2012

AngularJS and Spring boot web application as a standalone desktop app -


I want to create a web application including server and database component, package it and ship it as a desktop application. The app should feel like a basic desktop app and should work even when no internet is available. When the Internet is available, the data must be enabled (requested and unwanted) to be synced in the hosted web server (synchronizing at the database level).

I checked the Chrome Packed App, which can launch HTML5, CSS 3 and Javascript based UI applications without the need of browser using WebKit. I am not sure whether the packed apps will be able to package servers and database components too? Or should I use separate packaging to install server and database. I like it for a single package installation.

I can think of using Net / SwingX / Java Fx / Adobe Air to develop a desktop app, but one of the remote goals is our solution to a mother-in-law so that only me Like to stick.

I know that this is not based on a technical specific question but choosing and defining the right tools and architecture. I searched the web and found no concrete solution for this use case.

I think you're looking for something similar, it's angular as the main framework Uses JS and Spring Boot

From your website:

Single web page app:

  • Responsive web design
  • HTML5 boilerplate
  • < Li> Twitter Bootstrap
  • AngularJS
  • Full Internationalization Support with Angular Translation
  • Optional Compass / Psyche Support for CSS Design
  • Optional WebSocket support with Spring Websocket

No comments:

Post a Comment