Tuesday 15 May 2012

Built-in Evil mode for Emacs 24 -


I have read so many places like WikEmacs () that Emacs24 had already come up with support for Evil mode L-Hot It needs to be installed through but I do not understand how I can activate it.

I just tried to add

(evil-mode 1) (evil-mode 1)

Lines on my .emacs but it does work Can not seem to, how do you guys use the built-in evil mode on emacs24? Without cloning GIT repository etc.

The statement on WikEmac is incorrect; The evil mode MACS 24 includes not . (As it is wiki, I have just edited the page and removed that text.)

There are several ways to install evil-mode. I suggest activating the package repository by adding the following to my .emacs file:

  (package requirement) (add-to-list 'package- Archives' ("mailpa". "Http: //melpa.org/packages/") (package-initiate)  

then Mx list-packages Type evil in the list, and install it.


No comments:

Post a Comment