Monday 15 September 2014

Eclipse CDT setup for remote build -


Is there a better way to set up Eclipse CDT for local editing and remote building?

I'm working on code on C ++ project using GNU in Linux, under the CVS on Linux server.

When I am in the laboratory, I use Eclipse CDT on the Linux-X64 PC. This project is built on a Linux-X86 PC. In the lab (including CVS servers) all computers have NFS mount.

When I am at home, I use Eclipse CDT on Windows 7 PC. Windows PC connects to Linux CVS server via SSH tunnel. To edit the source, I reset the C ++ project on my Windows Eclipse workspace under the Linux Eclipse workspace. I (I can also do a remote CVS checkout on Windows PC.) To build from home, I I use a custom build command

  1. SSH in linux-x86 pc,
  2. my Linux eclipse workspace from rsync my Windows Eclipse workspace,
  3. From C ++ project and after that Specify the correct path to the file, the make Linux-x86 PC.

Every time I make changes to CVS without going through my experiment and going back and forth between the house, I use rsync when I transfer from laboratory to house, then I I compile the source of my Windows Eclipse workspace when I create it from home, sources are re-indexed back to the Linux Eclipse scopes.

Is there a better, less winning way to do this?

(I'm not interested in remote debugging.)

Netbeans of this Good support for I have tried to do it in eclipse, but Netbeans was built in support.


No comments:

Post a Comment