Thursday 15 January 2015

Why would my ZSH scripts print out all history, but on Ubuntu only? -


I have cloned a very popular dotfile for ZSH, you can see a repo here:

This works great on MacDon AX (Yosemite), as it is expected on Ubuntu, on the other hand, it repeats my entire history before implementing each order. For example:

On the Mac:

  in MBP / public in the MRP [10:22:01] $ ls drop box # in the aronchick on the MRB ~ / Public [10:22:03] $  

at Ubuntu 14.04:

  # aronchick at ub.mbp.com ~~ / public [10: 23:35] $ ls -la [100+ lines of history] git submodule init ls -la cd .. ls -la cd .. ls ls -la Total 8 drwxr-x --- 2 aronchick wheel 4096 Mar 17 10: 23 Drwxr-xr-x 25 aronchick wheel 4096 Mar 17 10:23 .. -R-R-R-1 Arnachic Wheel March 17 10:23 Dropbox # URMBP.com ~ / Public in [10: 23:39] $  

Two platforms with any idea What causes this disparity between Rmon? I know that they are exactly the same, I have both cloned with exact repo.

OK, so I found out what this problem is, but how to solve it (Or why was it done)

First of all, thanks to this () stack overflow question, I found out that you can execute zsh -x and execute it before each of your shell Can print every letter of the piece Finally, it has come down from this line:

  function set_ring_app {echo -ne "ee 1} $ PWD: t: $ (history $ HISTCMD | cut -b7-) \ A "}  

I do not know what it is intended to do (it seems that it is trying to print a subset of the previous command as a part of the command line , But why is it starting now, Byte 7 is out of my way), and this is not being used anywhere else. I do not even know why it works on the Mac (?) Not on the Ubuntu box

Commenting on it resolved


No comments:

Post a Comment