Thursday 15 January 2015

java - RSS items order, does it matter? -


I have created an RSS feed with Java ROM, the project is close to the end, but I found strange behavior in some RSS clients.

I think this is more of an RSS client problem, but I want to make sure.

Rome keeps items in a list, so the latest items are at the end of the list. I opened my feed in my RSS subscribers (Firefox and RSS Bandit) and I came to know that they are in reverse order (technically it is chronological, but contrary to the order I used).

I thought this is an RSS client bug (I usually use Google Reader), but I checked some feeds on the internet and saw that they were due to display them properly Near reverse order items (the oldest on the top) are.

But do not trust XML items on item order

And, most importantly, should I reorder my list of items?

Edit: I found an easy solution:

  entries.add (0, entry); // :-)  

But there is a question about "true" client behavior.

One of the RSS's underlying problems is that there really is no standard whose field use is well

I think there will be no need to worry about what the client and the server are actually doing, do you think a device is theoretically Tell them to ...


No comments:

Post a Comment