Thursday 15 January 2015

asp.net - Accessing C# code hosted on US server from Local machine -


I recently created a website in C # with ASP.net and hosted it on the US server, now My problem is that I want to access my code from a local machine, is it possible to access the code of the US server from my local machine? Because when any change suggested by my boss is to reach that server and making that change is hard work, then

What I did for him: -

    < Li>

    I selected the Open Website in Visual Studio 2005 and select Remote Site. Ask me if the URL of the website's URL is configured with FrontPage server extension, under which a textbox HTPS says: //

  1. Then I went to the US server and installed the FrontPage server extension as described in the webpage

What I recorded in the Visual Studio 2005 text box

You will supply the URL to access the file or FTP credentials on the site.

However, I am going to recommend against this approach because there is no good idea to develop directly against production servers. A local copy that you publish on the server is a more appropriate solution, and in the end you will have to spend a lot of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment