Friday 15 March 2013

linux - ipfw (Dummynet) cannot configure queue size for pipe -


I am trying to use Dummynet (ipfw pipe) to emulate network switches.

My Platform is Linux CentOS 6.4 Final

I downloaded and compiled the latest version of the source code (20130607).

I am trying to add pipes for relaying IP traffic between two subnets, and everything works fine but as I tried to set the queue size for the pipe, it failed lives.

This is my order:

  sudo ipfw pipe 1 concrete delay 64ms plr 0 bw 1000mbit / s queue 100 kilobytes  

here Output is given:

  ipfw: should be qi size  

Any help or advice is highly appreciated.

Ongoing FreeBSD where Dummynet is created in the kernel, the maximum queue size is configurable via sysctl . For example, to read the maximum queue size settings (in slots and bytes):

  set to max queue size> sysctl net.inet.ip.dummynet.pipe_slot_limit sysctl net.inet .ip.dummynet.pipe_byte_limit  
# this freebad CSCTL NetNet.IPDMINTP_slot_limit = 100 SSCTL NetNeit DIPDMINNETPOP_byte_limit = 1048576 < P> default, while you use centos, these are probably not directly implemented (And I have never used it on other OS compared to FreeBSD), but I'm pretty sure that you need to configure the maximum queue size for the deminet, because when you set a higher value If you try, the error is displayed by you.


No comments:

Post a Comment