Friday 15 March 2013

How to see what will be updated from repository before issuing "svn update" command? -


I have made changes to the SVN repository from Eclipse in many files.

Then I have a website directory on the Linux box where I want to update these changes to the directory in that directory.

I want to say "svn update project100" which will update all the directories under "Project 100" and replace files, etc.

However, I do not necessarily want to update those changes I did not. So I thought I could say "SVN Status Project 100", but when I do this, I get a completely different list of changes, none of my lists are strange, which is strange.

So make sure that only my changes are updated in web directory, I am forced to navigate to every directory, where I know that I have made changes and clearly only Update those files, e.g. "Svn update newfile1.php" etc. That's tedious.

Can anyone put any light on the standard methodology, that is, how do I get an accurate list of all the changes that are about to make before I execute the "svn update" command? I thought this is the "status" command.

Try:

  SVN status --show-updates < / Code> 

or (same but less):

  svn status -u  

No comments:

Post a Comment