Friday 15 March 2013

licensing - If I modify and dynamically link against a modified LGLP Lib, do I have to make the changes available? -


I got a bug in LGPL Lib that I currently link in dynamically.

  • If I understand Lib that I make available source files with the application Will it be right?

    You are redistributing the modified code of the LGPL library, so you have to issue the source of that library Will be (your bug fix). This does not mean that you need to release the source code of your entire application for the LGPLLD library.

    Also keep in mind that GPL / LGPL will only give you source code to anyone, which you give to the binary, it is not necessary for you to download the source on the web, put anyone in the world . One sure way to comply is to pack the source of your distribution so that people get it with Binaries, then do not complain that the source was not available.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment