Saturday 15 September 2012

Using Office Name.dll as a COM object in .NET -


I am trying to use MS Office Name.dll as a COM object. I have received some help in these links, to do something like this in web browsers:

name.dll root This allows me to get information about presence from MS Lynch and displaying a contact card.

NameDel VisualStudio creates an interop for me in references that I was able to successfully create a test Windows Form Application and I am able to use the Class NameCtrl.

This project works fine and my test application was able to display contact card, but only when working with older version of Office 2010. When upgrading to Office 2010 SP2, it No longer works. When using Office 2013, it never works

I can actually invoke the object successfully, but the property 'presentable' is always 0, and the attempt to display the contact card is "E_ACCESDENIED 0x80070005" exception. In these non-working environments, the use of Webbrover (IE / Firefox) still works fine.

Do anyone know what to do to do this work? It only worked with an earlier version of 2010 and stopped to work with the new release?

I talked to a Microsoft Office Engineer and he told me that this DLL does not mean that way It was done: It is used only inside the web browser.


No comments:

Post a Comment