Saturday 15 September 2012

Android - SharedPreferences vs Cloud -


There is no question about this code.

I am developing an Android app with Microsoft Azure Mobile. I have a doubt about how to manage data in customer favor. For example, I'm working with Google Maps and I have a piece with a list of dozens of points (latitude and longitude) to add markers on the map, but if I load that digit all the time from Azure I decide to do that, I enter that piece, data takes a few seconds to load, and with some data it happens that it changes the list view.

My question is, should I work with shared options several times, every time I call server, add, update or delete anything, or just give me personal data to users To save the name, do you use the date of birth to share birth, email, etc., and to read the complex data of the other user from the server?

Yes, by reducing additional network calls, managing data Better not only will it increase your app's performance but will also take care of the user experience.

Depending on the complexity and quantity of data and frequency of change, you have to decide. If all changes can be loaded in a network call, you can store those data in shared priority and manage local changes from the app and at the end of the session just send the modification token to the remote cloud server. This will increase the performance of your application.


No comments:

Post a Comment