Saturday 15 September 2012

split - Excel: SUMIF depending on number in field -


Hi All the best people

update

Do you know what me To tell you to tell me that I am actually trying to do this with numbers and not a letter for example, I have an area of ​​225566 and I am trying to select the areas with whom There are 55 It is only now that I have realized that it can make a big difference

column A | Column B |
225566 | 2
125589 | 3
95543 | 2

(Below I asked earlier and later I realized that I was not asking the right question.) * Let's say I have a table

column A | | Column B |
AABBC | 2nd ADDC | 3
Zbbbc | 2

How can I get SUMIF for the rows where the column A is the field with BB? Let's say that there are hundreds of rows. I realized that from the lesson to the column I have to make some guesses. But I'm surprised that someone will know how I can do this. Thanks a lot. *

Since you are trying to do this on numbers, The array formula will need to be used.

If your test values ​​are in A3: A5 and your values ​​are in B3: B5, this will work:

  = SUM (IF (FINDER ("55", TEXT (A3: A5, "#"))), 0, 1) * b3: b5)  

formula, just kill Use Ctrl-Shift-Enter instead.

This tells the product of par and 0 or 1 from the IF () statement, which tests that each test value, after being converted to text, contains a "55".


No comments:

Post a Comment