Wednesday 15 July 2015

oracle11g - How can I connect successfully to my Oracle Database using SQLPlus -


I am trying to open a connection between my Oracle database using my computer and SQLplus.

I am using the command:

  sqlplus USERNAME@server.domain.com: 4075 / DBNAME.WORLD  

And it keeps returning:

  TNS:  

  specifies DBNM. .WORLD = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP) (HOST = server.domain.com)) (PORT = 4075))) (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = DBNAME) (SRVR = DEDICATED))) < / Code> 

and I am using a sqlnet file provided by my employer:

  AUTOMATIC_IPC = OFF TRACE_LEVEL_SERVER = OFF TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT = OFF SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME = 0 NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = world NAME.DEFAULT_ZONE = world SQLNET.CRYPTO_SEED = "ENCRYPTIONSEED" SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_CLIENT = rejected SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_TYPES_CLIENT = (DES40) SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_SERVER = rejected SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_TYPES_SERVER = (DES40) SQLNET.CRYPTO_CHECKSUM_CLIENT = rejected SQLNET.CRYPTO_CHECKSUM_TYPES_CLIENT = (MD5) SQLNET.CRYPTO_CHECKSUM_SERVE R = Rejected SQLNET.CRYPTO_CHECKSUM_TYPES_SERVER = (MD5) N AMES.DIRECTORY_PATH = (TNSNAMES) SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (BEQ, none)  

How can I "resolve the outgoing identifier" error and open a connection in my Oracle database?

If you have an entry in the tnsnames.ora file, you do not mention the server name and port again To do.

This will be sufficient -

  sqlplus USERNAME@DBNAME.WORLD  

(if you want to prompt it for password)

Or you can do that as the old programmer says in the comments, if the password is plain in plain text.


No comments:

Post a Comment