Wednesday 15 July 2015

Filemaker to SQL Server via SSIS -


I am using SSIS and trying to import data from Filelmaker into SQL Server. In Solution Explorer, I right click on "SSIS packages" and select the SQL Server Import and Export Wizard. "During the process, I use my DSN as a source, use SQL Server as destination, file macer, and mapping.

Every time I run a package I get the following message, then I get the following message: "Output column" is not the length length in "Lastname" (12) "The length should be between 0 and 4000.

Do not understand, but document for ODBC In h: (p. 47) It says:

"The maximum column length of the text is one hundred thousand letters, unless you specify a small maximum number of characters for the text field in file macer. FileMaker returns empty strings to empty space. "

I think the data type is too big when trying to convert it to varchar. But even after using a query of SUBSTR (LastNameFirst, 1, 2000), I still get the same error

Any suggestions?

I had this problem, and the reason Do not know, but these are the steps from which I get an outrageous row:

- The filemaker, export the data to CSV - Open the CSV in Excel - the latest name Double click on the Est column to maximize its width - As long as you see '#########' Columns', the scroll shows below that the data displayed is huge.

I'm sure it's better that way, and I'd love to hear it!


No comments:

Post a Comment