Wednesday 15 July 2015

linux - I'm trying to relearn GCC C or C++ compiling help please -


Here are two questions:

According to this, in some other post - "32 Bbe application using the GNU GCC on the 64-bit version of the leak was compiled.

Fortunately, GCC Man Pages gave me instructions for '322' and 'M-64' option. These options are 32-bit or 64-bit environment, respectively.

32-bit environment sets the pointer for 32-bit environment int, long and 32 bit, and creates code that is a i386 The system runs on.

The 64-bit environment sets up 32 bits and longs and pointer to 64 bits and generates code for AMD's x86-64 architecture. "

I have this program that I want to modify the features I wanted and now - now that I have gone from 32 bit Linux to 64 bit Linux, this program now works with 64 bit Linux does not do.

Before I go ahead with myself -

Question: Do I have to compile it now to use the MB as a 64 bit program?

When I recompile it with M-32 32 I get an error I

Use of Xlib.h

  / Usr / include / x11 / xlib.h38: 23: fatal error: sys / types.h: no such file or directory  

I have already made a mistake in this error - many Looking at the posts and making sure that I have to establish it is important, and this is it.

and xlib.h are also installed.

Is it looking for "sys / types.h" which refers to X11 or elsewhere? I do not know how to fix this problem. Question: Now I have to compile it as a 64 bit program, using m64. To make it work?

If you already have 32-bit executable, you should be able to run it on 64-bit Linux. But you have the required 32-bit system libraries installed.

When I add it again with -m32, I get an error.

It is most likely that you do not have 32-bit development packages installed.


No comments:

Post a Comment