Wednesday 15 April 2015

terminology - Definition of the word "patch" -


Personally, I use the word "patch" as the equivalent of software, which patch a patch Quick- and dirty bugfix However, I'm not sure that this is correct, because I often see that it is used in other ways, for example, the option of program updates.

What is the meaning of the word "patch"? / P>

Update : I think the vocabulary matters a lot, because it is a fundamental aspect of documentation and communication, and so in general software development. The problem is that computer language is loosely defined , and I do not know which word provides fixed reference so I thought it was on this stack overflow here There was a good idea to ask.

From:

A patch is a piece of software program Which is designed to fix, or update problems with a computer program or its support data. This includes security vulnerabilities and other bug fixes, and improves applicability or performance. Although fixing problems means poorly designed patch can sometimes present new problems (see software regression).


No comments:

Post a Comment