Wednesday 15 April 2015

php - Linux-based MS Office thumbnail generation -


Generates thumbnail images, and it uses a lot of PDF docprint utility to do MS Office +. Due to this one requirement, the system is running on Windows Server 2003+ IIS.

I like the system running on the Linux server, instead of MS, because I have more experience in administering Linux systems than Windows and we do not have any other technical staff at home.

Does anyone know a way to handle document conversion using native Linux software? I like some PHP native resident, but if I need to, I want to look outside.

I have never done anything like this, so I just throw an idea over your head I am

Did you think of using open office capabilities to create thumbnail images? I know oo saves thumbnail images within a built document, so what you need to do is remove it to display the picture. (It is.) You can always "hack" some kind of where you run a file through the open office and you can remove the image to display a small thumbnail.

Again, I do not know how this would work right, but it could be worth a shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment