Thursday 15 May 2014

How to jump to the next tag in vim help file -


I want to learn the vim documentation given in the standard support file. But I'm stuck on a navigating issue - I can not manually move the cursor to the next tag without the situation. I think you would agree with this that it is more useful:

  1. Go to the next tag with some important strings
  2. Press Ctrl-] to read this topic < / Li>
  3. Press Ctrl-O to return
  4. Continue reading the opening text

While I was writing this question, Have tried to think about how to solve it. I came to know that / |

But the tag is surrounded by two pipe '|' Use the characters, so it's still not really optimized to use.

: tn to navigate between tags and < Code>: tp sequence

If you want to find the next tag on the same help page, then try this search:

  / | \ {-} |  

It means searching:

  • character |
  • Any next letter | , matches as much as possible (this is what \ {-} does).
  • One more character |

This VIM recognizes the tag in the help file.


No comments:

Post a Comment