Wednesday 15 August 2012

How to check if an executable or any of its libraries has been changed with Python -


I use some python scripts to test changes made in a (external) program written in C ++ I have several editions of this external program and I have to compare the outputs of these editions. As the external program takes more time to run, I will only run versions that were replaced by the last round of my trial. Are there. So I need to check if the program (or any of its libraries) has changed.

As I am working under Linux, I think I can call 'LDD' and I can parse the output (recursively), I will get a list of all linked libraries. I then calculate a hashsham on the program and all the libraries, so maybe I can get a price that tells me whether the program has changed or not.

Now I want to know that this is a suitable way and if better (more dragon) way, possibly without using external equipment LDD.


No comments:

Post a Comment