Wednesday 15 August 2012

c - How can I get the location of my arduino with sin900? -


I have an Ardino that I'm using a sin900 module for cellphone capability. I want to get distance from tower coordinates along with the nearest tower, so I can use arduino to calculate my position but I can not get any documents on this topic, none of you I know how can I program it? Or even if it is possible? You can get LAC (location area code) and cell ID through the AT command from the GSM module.


However, you should have a database of LAC / cell ID with your geographic status. As LAC and SAIL ID are the ownership information related to the network operator, there is no 100% reliable way to get it, although some databases are available as readily available.

The next problem is that the location operator cells within your cell can do the comparisons of the signals related to cells that can lift your modem (if they do not have GPS access) Knows the information, but does not make it available through AT command. It keeps this information in order to determine which cell should register it.

As a user, you only get the power of the signal of the cell that you are actually enclosing.
If you use the power of this signal to estimate your distance from the cell, then you can be anywhere around a cell on a ring, the distance you calculate from the radius cell at the center of the ring. , And the thickness of the ring is your error factor.

You can do a theatrical walk, use a roaming sim, and in turn will camp on 3 different networks, each collection of a LAC and cell ID, and these 3 Get 3 results using the results of your possible location rings ... where 3 rings will be hole, your position will be.

There is a theoretical discussion of the problem above - this is not a suggestion for a business solution, obviously.


No comments:

Post a Comment