Monday 15 February 2010

svn update - Why do I have to routinely Clean one particular project in Eclipse? -


I am using Eclipse 3.5 for many different Java / JSP projects. All our project codes are stored in subversion. I use the subclipse plugin to update code / update This is a project that works very well for all projects except one, almost every time I update an SVN, the whole project is full of Java compilation errors She goes. Most errors are such complaints that no other category files can be found in the same project. To solve this, I need to clean the project> clean and project manually, which takes a little while to run. Everything is compiled right after that, but every time I update the SVN, it is a bit of pain to manually clean the project manually. And this happens only for one project.

Does anyone feel like this? I do not even know why it is necessary to manually clean the project, it is possible to understand where it is possible that someone is checking in any other file that breaks the construction of my project in eclipse? If so, what files should I see? First of all, I'm sorry if I say something is clear, but you have a description of your project configuration. Have not given up, nor have you described your previous efforts to solve this problem. So, maybe you have already tried to do everything ... ...) ->

From the top of my mind, I will check that someone is compiling classes rather than other sources or no only.

In addition, it depends on your configuration: I'm assuming that the "Automatically created" flag has been checked, that you are only building through Eclipse ( And not, for example, through the ant, the ant can be constructed somewhere in your class), and that you are not making a jar nor your classpath file.

I suggest (if you are not doing this) to update your SVN running synchronized view (synchronize with team -> repository), when there is a problem with your project Then, to distinguish matters better, you do not have to look at the kind of changes that are coming.


No comments:

Post a Comment