Monday 15 February 2010

Android - Can an app developed in Android 1.6 run in Android 2.0? -


Android backwards is compatible, in other words, Android 2.0 can be developed in Android 1.6?

I just published 2.0 applications and I came to know that I can not get into the market using my G1 (Android 1.6) phone. But apparently others are downloading it.

Should I downgrade the application to 1.6 or I need to create separate applications for each android version?

Since you have developed your app with 1.6 SDK, you should (need?) It's 1.6 Flag with This will increase the number of person who will be able to view and download your app.

If they are identical, then 2 apps (1.6 and 2.0) are not required. If you want to try to develop your app using the new features of Android SDK 2.0:

  1. Update the old app if you only have Android 2.0 (or if you Make a new app on the market to target
  2. Android 2.0
.

No comments:

Post a Comment