Monday 15 February 2010

excel - Use VLOOKUP but detach the value from the lookup once it is in the cell/looked up -


I have the following: 1 Access file with a large list of people who can order with 2 tabs In the second tab of the Excel file excel file, I import the access table. For each line, I have a dropdown list in the first column with the values ​​of the first column of the Access column. In the second column of the first tab I use VLOOKUP to show the value associated with the item of the first column. In the third column of the first tab, the user can fill the amount.

Here's the catch: In the fourth column of the first Excel tab I want to show a total B * C. Nothing is difficult about that but I want to change this value anytime. So even if the access database has been updated, then I should not change the value of already calculated cells in column 4.

I know that it sounds very informal, but I need a suggestion? Is there any such formula that I remember?

Edit by post: The file is used for others other than my own. If specially paste can be done exclusively as a formula which will help it but it is not in existence or I have not found it.

Thanks in advance.

If the formula is connected to a connection (for example, the OLAP cube, a table which is an access table ) Then remove the connection before sending the sheet out. See. If you distribute workbooks to people who do not have access to data (not on your network) then the problem will be solved by itself, take it away that some dummy will complain about your data disappear < / Strike> Not refreshing

The formula that you are asking for refer to yourself Once a value will be provided, provide circular references.

If you have been using NIRRnment, then you want your VBA snippet, then enter your formula and then do the paste special method automatically (you enable macros on each computer included in this case Must do).


No comments:

Post a Comment