Monday 15 February 2010

c# - How to schedule a long running process/report in asp.net MVC -


I'm working on the need to create a report that uses a lot of lines and time-consuming large data It is a thought that to stop the report and come back later to see the report.

How can I use MVC?

So far I have visited the link,

A need for another frame for signal R

< / Div>

For this type of requirements, I usually make a console app that does processing . Then set up a job with no schedules on SQL Server Create an MVC operation that connects to the database to start the work when the user clicks a button that should start making reports. Then there is another MVC action that connects to the database to check the status of the job. Sometimes I write a progress message in my console app database and display my MVC action instead of database job status.


No comments:

Post a Comment