Sunday 15 September 2013

linux - Weird Subversion permissions issue -


I am trying to set up SVN on a CentOS 5 system so that many people can use a repository.

  • I created the repository on / var / svnrepository .
  • I have added a subversion user and group
  • I've ensured that all system users are in the subversion group.

The problem I am facing is that when I commit a decision, the SVN apparently creates a file which is named db / current And has its own user name and group. Then say that my username is jimbo ...

  -rwxrwxr-x 1 jimbo jimbo 11 December 2 01:09 current  
< P> After that no one else can check anything after that. They get permission denied error. There is a similar problem with the file named

db / format .

  file / var can not open / svnrepository / contactdb / trunk / format: permission denied  

Has anyone seen this? Know about a solution?

All Repository Access S.S. is through.

The strange thing is that I have set up SVN on Linux and have never done this problem. I do not know why I am doing this differently at this time.

Note that this is usually setGID, set to the Subversion repository directory and their child directories:

  drwxr-sr-x svnowner svnusers 4096 2008-11-01.  

By chmod 775 you unset this setGID bit and this is because there are problems:

Setgid means: If you create a file, So group svnusers (in my example), not your primary group

I'm sure you do not have a SetGID bit set, right?

However, it is better to replace folders GID:

  chmod g + s  

It is best that you see in the newly created repository to match the permissions.


No comments:

Post a Comment