Wednesday 15 January 2014

Sed creates un-deleteable files in Windows -


I am trying to run the following command in Windows Server 2003, but sed creates a heap of files that I do not Remove from the command line inside the current directory

for / (R * F in R * F) "C: \ program files \ gnuwin32 \ bin \ sed.exe" -i "s / bad / good / g" "% F "

Do anyone have any suggestions? Suspiciously enough, I'm able to delete files using Windows Explorer.

According to the request, here are some example file names:

  • sed0E3WZJ
  • sed5miXwt
  • sed6fzFKh
  • < And more troubleshooting information ...

    • This command prompt & amp; Batch files
    • If I just need to run the SD in one directory, then I sed "s / bad / good / g" *. * * * and everything is fine.
    • Creating SED files
  • P>
    < P> I have duplicated your setup and I have the following comments.

    1. I think it is not a simple command in the loop, the simple command "C: \ program files \ gnuwin32 \ bin \ sed.exe" -i "/ bad / good / j ". - Creates the same set of temporary files

    2. The files are actually created by sed and these temporary files are created when the "In place" (-i) option is turned on. Generally, CL actually deletes files (which happens in Sigwin) in the case of Gnuwin32, using the call to the 'unlink' library, it seems that unlink 'fails. I do not understand why I think that maybe the unlink call is dependent on the gnuwin32 'coreutils' library and tried to download and install the coreutils library - no dice.

    3. If you ban the parent folder before executing the 'read-only' Sed command, you should remove some temporary files from Windows Command Prompt, so you should provide some temporary relief.

    I think we now have enough information to increase a bug report. If you agree, then I think it might be a good idea that it is responsible for gnuwin32 good Bring people into the attention and ask them for help.


  • No comments:

    Post a Comment