Wednesday 15 January 2014

Excel count between two array constants - only returning first three instances -


I am trying to count only the full components in a manufacturing change report. Example: I have elements in column A (represented by three parts) represented by 6 array continuously {1,2,3,4,5,6} (in other words, this column repeats per component three times - 1,1, 1,2,2,2,2, 3,3,3,4,4,4,5,5,5,6,6,6)

I have every component per component, which In column B, array continuously {"a" "b", "c"}. (In other words, in section 1, a "part" on one line, a "b" part on the next line and "c" is on the third row in the shift print report.

I also say "complete" The column shown by C is the comment of a situation / criterion.

My whole formula is trying to calculate only the full components (each of the three parts): {= sum (countifs ( A: A, {1, 2,3,4,5,6}, b: b, {"a", "b", "b"}, c: c, "full")})

It is only then that first Works for the components, i.e. 4,5,6.

Please complete my application to hundred parts to complete it, prepare me for each shift for each of the three parts The remittance only occurs when the column is "complete".

I am currently working on this which is being numbered for working on a large scale.

An alternative formula I tried, but If A: A has a value: {= sum (if ((A: A = {1,2,3,4,5,6}) * (B: B = {"A", "B", "C"}), 1,0))}

I am completely amazed with this one - weird brained!

I tried to search for resources

Please show me some light!

Thanks, stew

Try to do one (but not both) transactions of your array constants so that it is orthogonal on the other, i.e. << div class = "Text-post" itemprop = "text" strong> either :

= SUM (COUNTIFS (A: A, {1,2,3,4,5,6)

or : / P>

= SUM (COUNTIFS (A: one, {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6}, b: b, {"one", "b", "c"}, C: C, "FULL"))

Note that these formations do not not the form of array formulas with CRE Require to.

If you are interested in explanation about the necessary syntax, see here:

Regards


No comments:

Post a Comment