Sunday 15 January 2012

osx - I can unzip on a remote machine but not on my computer -


On a cluster, I zipped a large (61 GB, 9.2 GB zipped when zipped) directory.

  zip-r-zz directory directory  

Then I have scp zz directory on my personal computer

  Scp -r name@host.com: /path/to/zzDirectory.zip path / in / my / computer / zz directory. Zip  

And finally I unzipped it. I tried to unzip Bash but it failed

  Warning [zzDirectory.zip]: 5544449626 Additional bytes start or giffile (attempt to process anyway) error [zzDirectory.zip] : Central directory was not found; ZipFile Corrupt (Please check that you have moved or created the zipfile in the proper binary mode and you have compiled the Unjept properly)  

so I started the system by doubling the icon from Finder Unzip zzDirectory.zip However, some files are missing and are visible (I am not 100% sure yet) that some new characters ( \ n ) are also missing . First, unzip is used to work properly on your computer.

To check this, I unzipped zzDirectory.zip on the cluster, everything seems to work fine (no missing files).

I repeated the transfer again and unzipped again but the problem persists Note that the transfer is done through the Internet My OS is Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.2.

How can I resolve this issue? I prefer not to move the data which are not zip because of the band width issue. Do you think I should try to do tar or do I unzip < Should use the typical option that runs with the code> command line?

On OS X you can try:

< Pre> ditto -x -k the_over4gb.zip / path / for example:
  ditto -x -k zz directory. Zip  

No comments:

Post a Comment