Sunday 15 January 2012

javascript - Firefox Exension vs. Greasemonkey Script? -


I am working on a Firefox extension, but it is running slow (in part because I have to work There is no time to do this). I've got a basic skeleton, it has been verified that I can talk to external external JSON API, modify any webpage on load, and show any priority box. These are all necessary hello verses which I am writing (maybe I do not need the Preferences box).

Suddenly it happened to me that I was ignoring an easy way to do this.

  1. This can be easy (not sure)?
  2. It could be a cross-browser (at least Safari and Firefox)?
  3. Is the Greasemonkey script versus the 'original' FF extension created? Can Chrome UI be written? Can normal DIV pop up? Preferences are being stored (I think they can be)?

I'm looking for "native" Firefox extension vs. "GrySmany vs. comparison" Also, did anyone "Graduman script" in FIR extension (experience, problem) Have worked with "compilation"?

I would say, in general, if your purpose webpage is displayed / function If you have a bunch of window / UI displayed and you are actually going beyond the original intent of Greasmee, then it may be best to be with a more traditional extension .


No comments:

Post a Comment