Monday 15 August 2011

c - Copying a directory using sockets -


I am writing a program in C that sends files over the network using sockets. It works fine for files - they are read in buffer and then written on the socket, they are pushed back to the other end of the process.

However, how can this be applied to directories? I also want to copy the directory, keeping the permissions the same (so I do not think mkdir will work). At the moment when I try to run it on a directory, it says that size is -1. How is the directory represented?

To be clear, for example, if I want to copy my program / TMP over the network, then it will:

  / tmp / 1 Txt - ok / tmp / dot / - / tmp / dir / - leave / ttp / dir / 3 wpt - properly  

I think this is a homework, otherwise the FTP, scp , rsync , unison etc.

To check that a file path is a plain file, a device, directory, etc etc ... use

to read a directory, then loop on it Use (then definitely close ). You should know how the directory is displayed.

You probably should be interested in crossing a file tree again.

To create a directory,

you should read

BTW, it also has useful information ...


No comments:

Post a Comment