Friday 15 May 2015

What is a trivial merge in git? -


Sometimes when I pull up instead of Rebase after a simple one file change, I see the following in the master log:

trivial merge

But there is no difference which has changed? What does this log message mean? Has anything changed which I did not know? it freaks me out.

git does not include this message in the log at any point . I'm going to make a wild guess and assume that you've seen this message in the Zeit Web.

If there is no output from any joint difference then gitweb prints this message so that when the only differences were in all the fission, only one side of the merge changed, and this change in merger Unmannedly brought. It basically meant that there was no conflict and no magic was added to the merge commit.


No comments:

Post a Comment