Friday 15 May 2015

testing - Substitute reference to a remote script with local one -


This is my developing phase and the practice of testing all JS before releasing it.

Unfortunately, there are some hard references in our code and this is the reason that there is no way to test the new version of test.js on the Stage Server for me.

Now, I know that I should use Relative Path etc. But I was wondering if there is a Firefox plugin that could possibly /remote.site/test with http: / pageload / code / / /dev_path/to/test.js .js

I have tried to use the host file for this purpose but it does not work in my scenario because I need to map it only in 1 context, the whole domain No.

Do you prevent some hard-coded references from changing? This is actually the easiest answer to your problem.

Find and replace your files to replace the full link for the relative. Unless the site hierarchy is the same for development and production, then there should be no problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment