Friday 15 May 2015

java - URLDecoder.decode not working as expected -


I am trying to pass a search string near the javascript front-end that is reaching another API is.

With all the special characters leaving the string "string + 123" was running.

I have used encoding / decoding to solve this bug by using the combination of JavaScript encodeurIComponent () (), and Java URLDecoder ()

In addition to this I saw this:

They "utf8" (UrlDecoder.decode (string, "Utf8");)

I just changed javascript encode only , which pulls a string of correct result to my string "test + 123".

My logger indicates that the search is being searched on the right string.

Ex "test + 123": without encoding javascript -> "test 123"

with javascript encoding -> "test + 123"

Java decode With -> No results?

My JavaScript code looks like this:

  var encodedString = encodeURIComponent ($ ("#search-input") ().);  

My Java code looks like this:

  string result = URLDecoder.decode (encoded searchstring, "UTF8");  

I checked the debugger and my logger is correct, the encoded searchstring is not encoded.

What's going on?

I have not written any other code related to encoding or decoding, I do not think the code is going to happen elsewhere. I am using spring mvc, maven, and intellj if this is the case

Maybe the syntax should be UTF-8 instead of utf8?

string result = URLDecoder.decode (encoded search string, "UTF-8");


No comments:

Post a Comment