Sunday 15 June 2014

Excel how to use CUBE functions without access to OLAP tools -


I do not have access to PowerPivot or OLAP connections to the server using Excel 2010.

I am trying to create a dashboard to display the ranked data and allow the user to filter by 3-4 different criteria. If the statements were nested long then I was able to work it out. But the required filter criteria is getting too much that I can not stick to this method.

I did some research and got a good olap tool, so that the pivot table can be converted to formula. But I do not have access to the computer on the computer, and I am new to MS-BI, I am thinking that no one can use the functions of using the cubic function without any connection or any other ideas to build the dashboard Can share with Thanks a lot!

To use Excel's cube functions, your data source should be either Microsoft Analysis Services Database (Multi-functional or tabular) or higher with Excel data model (Excel 2013 and higher) or Excel 2010 and PowerPivot You can not use the cube function with data in Excel worksheet categories. You can get some flexibility in your dashboard layout with regular Pivot Tables possibly with the GETPIVOTDATA function; There is a need to do some work later.


No comments:

Post a Comment