Sunday 15 June 2014

asp.net - Running a query in Page Load a bad idea? -


I am running an asp.net application in which I added a [insert] global / page_load query / update query. Therefore, every time the user hits any page on the site, he updates the database with his activity (session ID, time, hit on the page). I have not implemented it yet, but this is the only suggestion that I take care of how many people are currently on my site.

Is it going to kill my database and / or IIS for a long time? We believe that the site is average between 30,000 and 50,000 users at a time. I can not lock on top of a database hit continuously with every single page hit for my site every single user. I am worried what will happen, though this is the first time that I have tried a solution in this way, so I can become very crazy.

Disable it.

Create a DLL that handles the update, and the page load is a fire and forgets with the parameter.


No comments:

Post a Comment