Saturday 15 March 2014

Python's collections.defaultdict returns default value correctly unless the key isn't referenced first -


Basically if I set a defaultdict and it refers to the key then it's fine Will work and return the value that I am set as the default but if I use .get () then the default value is not returned. This is the simplest example I can give it to I am

  Baseline = Deflate (dict) ([[junk '] == {}) # Pass (say.') == {}) # Pass (based gate (' Popcorn ') == {} # Failure  

To complete, I was working with the guidelines and my code where I had initially faced the problem Based on the default, imported from the collection will be officially defined = default (behavior) [basis] based on [base '[junk'] == {}), seen from something else like this

  [69] = defaults (Lakbda: 1000) (dictates [6 9] ['junk'] == 1000] ([6 9] .get ('junk') == 1000) ([ 6 9. 'Junk', 420) == 1000) # The above work is fine, but if I call. I do not give any reference to a default word using any key, 69] .Gate ('garbage') == 1000) # Returns do not make any claims ([69] on the basis. Assurance of # Returns 420 (Estimate [69] .Gate ('Dumpster', 420) == 1000) # Returns 420 # But if I put an emphasis before calling. Gate (garbage) is that [69] ['garbage'] on the basis of #check then after work I can not get a 'dumpter', it fails again. Also fails Have done [7] = deflate the default dict (dict) for anything other than the basic object of Lambda (basic [7] ['taco'] == {}} # pass (estimated [7] go. 'Taco'). == {}} # Pass (basic [7] .get ('burrito') == {}) #Failed  

Update:

It was working with data in those data For more than 0 times the default would be if there was no value and it was using my_dict.get (value, 0) to complete. Although there were specific times, where a value It was not, I wanted to default to something other than 0. Incorrect assumption was that a default word would be: high_value = defaultdict (lambda: 1000) 1000 instead of 1000. If You refer to it according to the key, but do not get it together So in the end I decided to fix the problem properly and just through my directions, a try is referred to within the block as a key, like

  try: total_weight + = weight [Player] [teammate] except keyError: # If there is no key then the players' weight is zero. # There is no need to pass a total_weight + = 0  

For a matchmaking thing, it was using each other for the weight of players, just to post my last solution In case it can help someone else.

defaultdict.get () does no Key, no one populated. This is by design , because it would otherwise be defeating the purpose of that method. The same applies to membership trials:

  & gt; & Gt; & Gt; Import from Collection will look the default & gt; & Gt; & Gt; D = defaultdict (dict)> gt; & Gt; & Gt; In 'Foo', D. false & gt; & Gt; & Gt; D ['foo'] {}> gt; & Gt; & Gt; Use D. TrueDict .__ Getitem __  (for example  defaultdict_instance [key] ) If you need a default factory, then D True  

Use is called for disappearing keys.

If you need to set a default value Other in comparison to the factory, then use it:

  & gt; & Gt; & Gt; D = defaultdict (dict)> gt; & Gt; & Gt; D.setdefault ('Bar', 42) 42 & gt; & Gt; & Gt; D.setdefault ('Bar', 30) 42 & gt; & Gt; & Gt; De default dict (& lt; type 'dict' & gt;; {'bar': 42})  

No comments:

Post a Comment