Saturday 15 March 2014

deployment - Django redundancy and replication over two VPS accounts -


I am gradually coming in the situation where one of my Django sites needs some robustness behind it. I am currently running a SQLite database with a Maccache on a single VPS. It's not about things as much as things can get.

What do I have to do if I buy another VPS account? / P>

  • Replace with MySQL / PostgreSQL? What's the easiest? Replication protects me from a server explosion? What are concurrency downsides?
  • How do I load-balance between the two servers?
  • I also placed the memcatch on the new server, if I have both IPs in the configuration, will it keep a copy of the data on both servers? (I'm thinking about session data - currently stored in the memcatch)
  • I am currently using Cherokee as httpd - I am sure that it has its own problems if you have If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Am I going to go wrong on this? Is there an easy way of fast and more robust Django sites? First step: Switch from SQLite to a real production database (I like postgres) before you do it. Think of a second VPS, it should be a long time ago. Squealit does not basically support concurrency. Personally, I can not even consider deploying SQLite on a small site in the first place.

If your site is running and working on SQLite, then my guess is that you are actually outgrowing your single VPS (unless it's already heavily loaded).

If / when you have to add another server, then how do you configure things, it depends on where you are actually looking for a barrier. It is likely that this database will be a good step in this case, just take the database to your server (it is believed that you can guarantee low latency between two VPSs) and the database server is equally You can buy as much as you can afford. One of the most responsible for VPS in general disc display is, so one more step to consider is to put DB on raw metal.

Before I think of DB replication or multiple web-level servers, maybe I would like to see those steps, but it really depends on the outline of your actual matter (and you can demonstrate Versus credibility) / P>


No comments:

Post a Comment