Tuesday 15 June 2010

testing - How to test a TCP server implementation? -


I wrote a TCP server implementation through which I created an application that works as a TCP echo service.
  • How much connection can handle
  • How much connection can handle now
  • how much memory and CPU its Uses
  • Please recommend a standard method / device for testing this echo server. I understand that implementation of both TCP and ECO server is quite standard practice, so I hope to find the tools installed to test it.

    PS: I can write my own test application, but I do not want to do this because if I see some problem, then I need to make sure that it is my server which is wrong I do not want to test my test client first.

    I wrote this implementation using C # and .NET 3.5, although I believe there is nothing in the context of this question.

    I have a free tool that can help you use it to test those servers I have been created with my C ++ server architecture. I tools available here:. This allows you to create a configurable number at your configurable rate from your target server and then sends data over each connection (again at a configurable rate).

    If it is found that the best way to use it is to run it on the server on a different machine (I know quite clearly, but ...) and possibly many different To run several copies on the machines. Note that if you find that you can not exceed more than 4000 connections, then it is quite likely that you have to set your MAX_USER_PORT registry settings to the machine running on the client.

    Once you have tested your TCP code, you may have to check the protocol that supports your server. I wrote a test tool for this situation in C # Which is available on CodeProject () This allows you to write a "plugin" to support your protocol and for you to handle the atheist content (lots of connections, breaking messages, so that you can read fractals, etc.). This design is a very dirty thread-per-connection design, and for greater connections, you want to improve some things by using an async design, but I have C ++ devices so that's why I never got to change this exam program .


    No comments:

    Post a Comment