Thursday 15 April 2010

.net - Creating a Wizard for Plugin project development -


My DotNet application allows for plug-in DLL by third party developer. I facilitate the process by offering these plug-ins to a set of tools that create empty projects and new standard classes Essentially, I need to create a special class library project that includes DLL references and some postbuilding events. Are there. Apart from this, it would be nice to set up some basic classes through the wizard UI.

I know that it is possible to create add-ins for Visual Studio, but is this really the preferred mechanism? I can also create a standalone application instead, which can make all the files (* .sln, * .csproj, * .csproj.user, * .cs) on the disk. In this way I am not dependent on Visual Studio. Is it worth the freedom?

Find the following link for the Custom Project Wizard:

I think you do not need a custom project subtype and as Clobesvik has said you can use a simple project template to perform this task. But if you want more control over this project, you will have to create a project subtype, as such, check this link:


No comments:

Post a Comment