Monday 15 March 2010

osx - Unable to start MySQL from the terminal -


I'm quite new to Macintosh, I have Mac OS 10.6 installed.

I have installed mysql-5.4.3-beta-osx10.5-x86.dmg file and all the files properly.

I got the server started in system preferences.

I now want to access MySQL from the terminal but I am unable to do this.

I have tried the mysql -u root .

This "-bish: mysql: command not found".

How can I work it out?

Is there any device for Mac?

It seems that there are a few steps to check if you have a path problem in the current shell: / P>

  • Can you access the MySQL prompt from the installed location? Let's say you have set up MySQL in / usr / local / mysql . If you change the directory ( cd / usr / local / mysql / bin ), then you should be able to execute the mysql command: ./ mysql

  • Check the path settings in your current shell by using the env command. The code you are looking for is the value of PATH , where you want to do something with: PATH = / usr / local / bin: / bin: / usr / bin:

  • / usr / local / bin mysql Reset your current route to include: This can be done in the example of the current shell, in the form of export PATH = / usr / local / mysql / bin: / usr / local / bin: $ PATH

  • >

    Test that you can then access the MySQL binary from any path on your system.

In order to access MySQL you can see it in the tool:


-

< / Html>

No comments:

Post a Comment