Monday 15 March 2010

c# - Change namespace of a deployed clickonce application -


I made a namespace spelling mistake slightly and I want to correct it. My application currently uses the application to store a large store of user information. If I spell my namespace correctly, will the settings of the application be necessarily erased as it can not find a new namespace?

I believe that ClickOnce will see it as a separate application, so yes, the app settings Will be "lost". I had to do it myself once, and I lost all settings, users had to install it as a new application and again had to set up my personal infrastructure.

I have never said why it was, but this is my guess:

If the click was treated otherwise, for someone with their own malicious person It will be very easy to change your app, so it is understandable from a security perspective,

However, I may be wrong, you can try it, and see. If the settings are lost, you can always return (assuming you are using source control).


No comments:

Post a Comment