Friday 15 August 2014

internet explorer - Javascript window.open returns null in 32-bit IE8 on Win7 x64 -


I have read related questions on this subject, but so far the issue has not been resolved. I have a simple JavaScript function That's what the window calls. When a link is clicked:

  var newwindow; Function pop (url) {newwindow = window.open (url, '', 'height = 500, width = 532'); If (window.focus) {newwindow.focus ();}}  

This works fine on Chrome, Firefox, and even works in 64-bit IE 8 is. However, when I try this 32-bit IE 8 I get an error that 'New Window' is not empty or an object

Any idea why only 32- Bit in IE 8?

My hump was that it was related to UAC in Windows 7 (I'm running Win 7x64), but I get an error even after locking protected mode and running on compatibility view.

I also wonder how Windows 7 comes with 32-bit and 64-bit versions of IE8, and why the 32-bit version was pinned to my taskbar ... < /p>

If the URL is outside of your current domain, then Internet Explorer is coming back empty. You can first open an empty page and work around it, then navigate the window to the real url:

  var newwindow; Function pop (url) {newwindow = window.open ('', '', 'height = 500, width = 532'); Newwindow.location = url; If (window.focus) {newwindow.focus ();}}  

No comments:

Post a Comment