Wednesday 15 May 2013

Visual Studio 2008 C++ debugger drops out of single-step mode under Vista -


I have a large C ++ project, and try to use the debugger to step through some code I am doing Unfortunately, it sometimes decides to exit the mode, and executes the code regardless of the fact that I pressed F10, and did not break into later breakpoints. I do not know when to leave it, but it seems that doing this happens consistently.

To be specific, I am trying to see what a certain element of performance is, I put breakpoints where the calculation happens. The debugger will be closed on some of them (as far as I do not need), and then ignore all the rest, and the finished image appears on the window. Some other times, I was taking the only step through the code, and suddenly it just started to execute it.

This is using Visual-C in Visual Studio 2008 SP1, running on 64-bit Vista. The code has been compiled in debug mode, in which optimization is not enabled. I have rebuilt a clean and complete without fixing it.

Does anyone know what this can be?

EDIT: There are no threads where I've broken, and I have just set up and still have a problem.

I think I have encountered this before.

You can download hotfixes that will correct this and other issues (available here).

I have set up a bunch and have not had any problems till then. After installing, you can see them listed in your box.

I am at work because I do not take the time to choose the most important people. But maybe at least 3 or 4 which you want to install, I think some hotfixes have some time Can also be grouped in type 1 SP1 (also available in the link).

Edit (in response to an edit in the original post): I am certain that the hotfix resolves any issues that you describe, since complaints were addressed by installing a group of hotfixes Had a group of my colleagues (on the lines of the main complaint), it sometimes ignores my breakpoint and keeps moving right past them! ") I recommend that whatever you apply You can continue to establish it.


No comments:

Post a Comment