Wednesday 15 May 2013

Hosting Silverlight Out of Browser Application in Sharepoint 2007 -


I am trying to host outside of a Silverlight 3 browser application in Sharepoint 2007. My application looks fine; But when I install it out of the browser; And try to run it from the desktop; Only blank screen is displayed and after that nothing happens.

The XAP file is placed in _layout / MyFolder / MyApp.xap (under 12 hives). Am I missing anything?

My Silverlight app uses SharePoint data through its web services; I need to host it within Sharepoint so that they can access the underlying Sharepoint web services.

It seems that the client used in OOB mode is the HTTP stack problem when hosted by the browser So the app browser will use the htpt stack and so it will be a common set of cookies. They are not available in OOB mode.

How does the SharePoint site use the initial browser to authenticate?

It may be possible to create an OBB experience against SharePoint, but it is more likely to work.

Edit : Your problem is that OOB mode NTLM authentication is not supported in the client HTTP used in Silverlight-4.0 supports this mode.


No comments:

Post a Comment