Sunday 15 July 2012

javascript - Is there an implementation of WebKit that allows accessing local filesystem easily? -


I'm creating a small app in HTML / CSS / JavaScript, the use of the Internet is unavailable, and so it should run completely offline needed. A researcher will use the app to collect data and a CSV file will be prepared with this data for analysis.

JS has built in the security mechanism to prevent access to local file systems. My current plan is to create a Chrome app, store everything in chrome.storage , and eventually write a file using Chrome's chrome.file system . This is not ideal, because it requires researchers to provide access to each file (I'm not sure you can give access to folders?), Or to resist the need to resist the "download" files Written on disk is required.

I am looking for a solution that would be uninterrupted in the form of reading / writing local files in other languages ​​(Java, Python). I thought that maybe it could be the creation of WebKit which allows it, or some Chrome flags I can set. Is there a better solution?

(formerly node-webkit) I think what I was looking for.

This lets you access nodes. JS modules directly from the DOM, so that you can write in local files using Javascript inline with your other code. It also allows you to package apps together so that you can apply it as executable.

This also appears to be an active community, and this production is ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment