Sunday 15 July 2012

Java Web Service for .NET 2.0 Client on Linux (Fedora) -


I used to work with creating a Java Web service for a .NET 2.0 client.

What will be your suggestions for the implementation?

The solution does not need to be overwhelming (I believe that a full Java EE container is not needed) but do you think it is the best solution? I have thought of using Glassfish v2 with the jacks-ws annotation (@WebService), and JXAB XML bindings (like @ XMLElement), which I think the net client would be able to consume?

  1. Has anyone tried this scenario?

  2. Will the glassfish be opaline, because I'm only using the web service as a mechanism for windows. Linux box, the built-in application is extremely small.

Any suggestions are welcome :)

Thanks,

James

PS Other Note - Will you use Axis / CXF instead of a glassfish? Would you use servlet containers like tomcat? e.t.c.

I have used Axis 2 and it works. I had the same problem of creating data expoing APIs (web service in my case) in Java.

I used the Web service and access to Axis 2 and Spring (to access the database) and WSDL was created through Axis 2 was easily eaten through the ASP.NET application through its web web service The dialog box and related proxy were created easily by the class.


No comments:

Post a Comment