Sunday 15 July 2012

c++ - GCC Source Code modifications in libstdc++-v3 not being shown -


I am new to GCC source code. I make some simple modifications in libstdc ++ - v3 I am starting to do because I need major modifications for the project which I am working on.

I have downloaded the GCC 4.8.5 source code and function to call the __ cxxabiv1 :: __ cxa_allocate_exception function just to know that the function was called. To test it, I did build-4 and later install with this built version of GCC, I compiled a simple program that throws an exception However, no print is shown.

Then I tried to increase a global variable, which was declared in the same event as I was trying to compile the program. Using GDB, I realized that the global variable was in the area but it never grew. Finally, I tried to write a message to a file but the file was never created.

I'm sure the function is being called. But I'm not sure why he is not doing what it should be. If I put something wrong in the code, then it will not compile, but when it makes modification it is not reflected in the behavior of the program.

I have to know whether I am doing something wrong in doing a little test. With amendments, I am starting to cooperate with GCC source code or where I can read.

Adjust LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to your GCC / Lib directory Otherwise, your binary will use your system libstdc ++ .

An alternative method would be -static-libstdc ++ .


No comments:

Post a Comment