Thursday 15 July 2010

SQL Server Enterprise Manager Download? (Or Windows 7 equivalent?) -


I maintain some older sites running SQL Server 2000 and 2005. On my old XP box, I access SQL Server Enterprise Manager to access them.

Now I am on a Windows 7 box, is that product still available for download / install and will run on Windows 7? I can not seem to find a download for specific component

or is there an option for Windows 7? I tried to install SQL Server 2008 Manager Express, but partly fails on Windows 7. I'm running XP virtual box, so I can get it with Enterprise Manager if I know where to install it.

Enterprise Manager only supports SQL Server 2000. You can not use it to access SQL Server 2005. Instead, you need SQL Server Management Studio you can download Express Edition here:

I'm both running the management studio and Windows 7 well.

For Enterprise Manager, this never is available for download. You had to install it from the media that came with SQL Server. Similarly, if you want a non-expressive version of the management studio, then you have to set it up while setting up for SQL Server.


No comments:

Post a Comment