Saturday 15 May 2010

tcp - How to trigger an event from a web server to client en Delphi? -


From a web server running in Windows 2012, I will need to send a message to specific clients. These clients are over 2000 Delphi apps. Every message is for a specific client, there is no broadcast, what technology can I use? I am completely new on this issue. I'm looking at hosts, signal R (based in Woscox), MSMQ, RabbitMQ, ...

MSMQ: seems a good solution Cons: It only works in Windows, maybe in the future, me Need to add other platforms as clients.

RabbitMQ: It's also good, but I think it offers lots of features for my scenario. Actually, I only need to send messages to specific clients from the server.

SignalR: I'm confused it seems to be basically a web browser, not for client applications. It seems a simple solution.

Actually, I'm looking at a simple and basic solution that I can implement in Delphi to get messages from a web server.

(an HTTP upgrade) is a lightweight option and is also available for Delphi clients: < / P>

WebSocket is designed to be implemented in web browsers and web servers, but it can be used by any client or server application WebSocket Protocol is an independent TCP-based protocol.

See

and other solutions are useful for example if the customer can be offline, while sending the message to the server. The message broker provides a shop where the message is waiting for the customer, even if the server is restarted. Also a message broker will reduce the load on the HTTP server.


No comments:

Post a Comment